Sunday, September 19, 2010

Comparison...

I probably look like the typical guy-next-door to you. Some super nice guy who loves everything about the world.... No hatred for anything in the world.... Only love... So here's one thing more for you to know about me...

I hate comparisons.... Especially when I am included in it.... I hate it when people compare me with someone else.

"Listening to other's opinion and changing to make them like you,
is to become what others want you to be."

"To truly live your own life is to become what you want to be,
not what others want you to be"

We are always affected by what others say about us... They criticise and condemn us for our certain actions.... We get upset by it... For example, they say a good captain must be a good leader.... He must lead by example.... A leader needs to speak, he commands people.... But the people grumble, saying that the leader does nothing but commands people...

A normal human being will be affected by it.... A normal reaction will be anger... That's how we feel when we hear criticism about ourselves.... Then, the next thought that comes to mind will be that "what should I do so that they will like me as their leader???" At this instance, the leader is trying to become a leader that people want, not a true leader that people look up to....

We received criticism sometimes.... This happens when we are compared to someone else... He can do this, why cant you??? He is so blablabla, but you are so blablabla.... If only you were as blablabla as him.... Why are you talking like blablabla??? All these really makes me angry when I hear or see them....

Why must I be like somebody so that you will like me???? I am not that person... Why compare me with him????

"I am who I am,
we are who we are"

Comparisons leads to expectations..... You must be as hardworking as bblabla.... You should be like him, so smart....

I especially hate being compared to anybody.... Even if he is some great person....

Here's the thing.... I am compared to this great guy.... Technically, I should work towards becoming like him and even surpassing him.... So there are two result, either I become like him, or surpass him.... After both of these, what's next??? Find another person and become like him??? This way, I will always be this and that person, but never MYSELF....

Comparing me is like asking me to lead another's person life... To be like that person.... No comparison means a freedom of my own life...

No boundaries.... Self expectations to surpass.... But no pressure..... Ya, I know some of you will say that comparisons are essential.... But I am talking from my personal point of view, not from the subjective point of view....

I hate comparisons..... Dont ask me to be like someone.... Dont ask me to do something like someone..... Dont say I am like someone.... Dont COMPARE me with anyone....

I am what I am
I am who I am
I am not what you want
And I am not who you want me to be
Stop saying I sound like someone
look like someone
talk like someone
or act like someone


BECAUSE
I AM MYSELF, NOT SOMEONE



~~